Make a Donation
(Form may take a moment to load.)Powered by CauseView
Donate by Check
Donations by check may be made out to Pontifical Faculty. Please include the donation’s specific purpose, if any, in the memo line of the check. Our address is:
Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception
487 Michigan Ave., NE
Washington, DC 20017
The Pontifical Faculty, under the name of Dominican House of Studies, fully complies with requirements of institutional programs for matching funds given to institutions of higher education.
Your donation may be allocated for a variety of specific purposes. While we are always happy to receive funds in an unrestricted way, there may be a particular area which is close to your heart:
- Academic Center Construction: With the recent completion of our state-of-the-art academic center, we stand in need of resources to maintain the building and grounds. The new center houses our library, our classrooms and our administrative offices.
- Annual Operations Fund: The cost of operating such an institution is a perpetual concern as it comes down to the day-to-day practical concerns of running and maintaining the PFIC.
- Library: Our new library holds approximately 54,000 volumes in its circulating collection, and some 2,500 titles in its specialized Reference, Dominican and Rare Books collections, in addition to receiving many of the best philosophical and theological scholarly journals. In our desire to have the finest resources available to our students and faculty, we continually seek new acquisitions. All our collections, services, and facilities are meant to foster serious and recollected study in the service of the Gospel.
- Professorial Chairs: In our effort to provide the very best in scholarship and teaching, we desire to establish professorial chairs. This contributes to the stability and excellence of the faculty.
- Student Scholarships (Dominican): The Dominican Order has been blessed with an increase in vocations. Yet with the increase of vocations comes an increase of costs in their education. The Dominican Order places great emphasis on the intellectual as well as the spiritual formation of its members as part of our charism, and with the blessing of vocations comes the responsibility to provide for them.
- Student Scholarships (non-Dominican): There are many well-qualified individuals who would like to attend but are unable due to financial considerations. We desire to assist our non-Dominican students who need financial assistance by the development of a scholarship fund.
- Thomistic Circles: The Thomistic Circles are an annual cycle of conferences designed to help renew in the Church a sense of the perennial importance of the thought of Thomas Aquinas. The conferences bring together scholars of the highest level to address contemporary issues facing the Church and society.